THE SILVER MEDAL
The Silver Medal Award, the first granted locally in 1962, is part of the American Advertising Federation's Silver Medal program and recognizes men and women who have made outstanding contributions to advertising and who have been active in furthering the industry's standards, creative excellence, and responsibility in areas of social concern.
The Silver Medal Award is based on five areas of consideration:
- Contributions to the recipient's own company - success achieved in one of the following areas of work - advertising agency, advertiser, media, or advertising service company.
- Creative ability - a consistent, high degree of creative, original thinking in whatever phase of advertising the nominee has worked.
- Contributions to the general advancement of advertising - efforts to increase the stature and raise the standards of the advertising profession.
- Contributions to the community - activity in civic, religious or other groups dedicated to some phase of human or social welfare.
- Contributions to the American Advertising Federation Houston.
Previous Recipients of the Silver Medal Award since 1962.
Selection Criteria and the Award Ceremony for the Silver Medal Award
HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP
Honorary life members of AAF-Houston shall be members who have contributed significantly to the industry or The American Advertising Federation-Houston 's welfare and progress. Memberships are generally awarded in June and may be bestowed by a majority vote of the Board and will be for life. Honorary Life Members are not required to pay dues (payment for lunches, tables, tickets, etc. is still required).
Previous Recipients of Honorary Life Membership
Selection Criteria and the Award Ceremony for Honorary Life Membership
THE LIVING LEGEND AWARD
The Living Legend Award recognizes the accomplishments of members who have exerted continuous efforts throughout their careers in Advertising and Marketing. The award is presented to those unique individuals who have achieved a high level of success over the course of their profession. The award is generally granted in the month of June. The award is conferred after nomination by the Presidents Council and approval of the Board of Directors.
Previous Recipients of the Living Legend Award
Selection Criteria and the Award Ceremony for the Living Legend Award
DISTINGUISHED SERVICE MEMBERS
Distinguished service members shall be persons who have been active or educational members for at least ten (10) years and who have made continuing and significant contributions to the welfare and progress of the American Advertising Federation Houston. Membership is for life, is generally awarded in the month of June and will be conferred after nomination and approval by the Board. Distinguished service members are not required to pay dues (payment for lunches, tables, tickets, etc. is still required).
The Distinguished Service Membership is based on the following areas of consideration:
- Recipients must have been active or educational members for at least ten (10) years;
- Have made continuing and significant contributions to the welfare and progress of the Houston Advertising Federation Corporation;
Selection Criteria and the Award Ceremony for American Advertising Federation Houston Distinguished Service Membership
SPIRIT OF AMERICAN ADVERTISING FEDERATION HOUSTON AWARD
Spirit of American Advertising Federation Houston recipients shall be members who have contributed significantly to The American Advertising Federation’s success. This award, generally awarded in June of each year at the discretion of the AAFH Chairman, which represents the effort expended during that fiscal year, recognizes individuals who have worked on a particular event or committee in a selfless manner. The award will be conferred after selection by the AAFH Chairman.
The Spirit of AAFH Award is based on the following areas of consideration:
- Recipients must have contributed significantly to AAFH’s success during the current fiscal year;
- Have worked on a particular event or committee in a selfless manner
- Recognized leader of a Houston organization
- Successfully uses marketing to promote his or her business or enterprise
- Successfully uses marketing to enhance the image of the City of Houston
- Demonstrates a positive involvement in community or charitable activities
- Promotes and uses the talents of Houston’s advertising and marketing community